Some suggestions on how to think about personalisation:
- People I know well
- People I don’t know so well
- How do I get to know these people better?
- Is there a trust issue?
- If you’re going to use it, use it properly
- Ask your recipients when you initially engage (how/ when/ what)
- Test with your existing audience to see what works best for them and you with regard to personalisation. Include with or without and perhaps subject line or not
- Make sure the personalisation works across all your database!
- Send relevant and valued content. Always.
Is engagement email marketing finally here?
How engaged with your brand are the majority of your database contacts? This fundamental question should determine how your entire emarketing communications strategy is structured.
Until recently, email marketers have been under huge commercial pressure internally to continue doing the same ‘load and blast’ mass email marketing they’ve always done.
However, for some, response rates are waning as consumers become fussier about the marketing messages they consume. The advent of the intelligent inbox (Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo) means ISPs are working hard to ensure only the most wanted email is at the top of the pile…
- Socialise your email audience
- Virally share email campaigns
- Acquire social users into email
- Look at social data to inform your marketing efforts
- Combine your email and social audience to drive acquisition
Coding for email can be, politely put, a somewhat specialist job. In addition to the different browser standards that web designers have to face, the various webmail clients can behave differently within those browsers, and then there’s the well documented issues with desktop clients like Outlook 2007 and Lotus Notes.
Here’s a list of some of the resources available to help us get through the html build process as smoothly as possible.
Entering your email address on a website nearly always leads to receiving unwanted email. We show you how to create a temporary email address
6 key tactics for a Smarter Email Programme
Dave Chaffey, SmartInsights.com
Presented at e-Dialog Aspire 2011